February, March, April, May, and counting. Tired of summer? The scorching heat isn’t letting you out the entire day? Especially, the people from the central parts of India can very well relate to the hot long days and boring nights. If this is something that is bothering you, then you need to head out to the following summer destinations of India.
The sparsely populated town of the Himachal Pradesh state of India, Manali presents the breath-taking views of the snow-covered peaks of Himalayas even during summer.
The best of Manali-
- Rohtang Pass: A high mountain pass along the Pir-Panjal range of Himalayas.
- Hidimba Devi Temple: An ancient temple showcasing the traditional wooden architecture.
- Manali Sanctuary: Amidst the dense deodar and maple forest, this place is great for spotting rare species of Himalayan birds.
You can also indulge in adventures activities in Manali like trekking, river rafting, snow scootering, hiking, and rock climbing.
Pro tip– Ideally, one should spend at least 3-4 days in Manali for grasping the beauty of nature to its fullest. Therefore, the long weekends are great to escape into the aura of Manali. Also, the best route to reach Manali is the road trip. You’ll be mesmerized with the green landscape and every foot ahead goes more and more picturesque.
Folks from Delhi can directly reach Manali via intercity cabs for the amazing road trip experience.
The summer getaway especially for the folks of Maharashtra, Panchgani got its name from the 5 adjacent green hills of the Sahyadri mountain range. With temperature as low as 16 degrees during summer, Panchgani is a great weekend destination.
The best of Panchgani-
- Mapro Gardens: Enjoy the strawberry farms, hand pluck and have them heartful.
- Parsi Point: From this location, you can see the shiny water of the Dhom Dam.
- Sydney Point: Its the first hillock you’ll see in Panchgani. You can have a look at the mesmerizing views of Krishna valley, Pāndavgad, and Mandhārdeo.
Also, Panchgani is also a site for hand-made leather goods and Kolhapuri footwear. For a twist in your wardrobe, you can shop some leather handicrafts from Panchgani.
In the quest to escape the maddening rush of the day to day life, Coonoor is a great getaway from Bangalore. Stay in Cottages, explore nature, indulge in spas, and that’s how you can beat the summer heat.
The best of Ooty-Coonoor-
- Catherine’s Falls: It’s a double cascading waterfall, one of a few in India. Enjoy the best view of it from Dolphin’s nose point.
- Nilgiri mountain railway: The single gauge line, from the Britisher’s era, presents a beautiful view of the valleys.
- Botanical garden: Spread over 55 acres of land, the Botanical garden of Ooty is home to diverse flora.
The lush green landscape, scenic valleys, and friendly people will make you feel if peace exists, it’s here. Although, you can visit the northeast anytime around the year. But, summer is best to visit this lovely city because- one, the climate is soothing and two, you just don’t wanna break from summer, you want a meaningful break.
The best of Gangtok-
- Nathula Pass: Explore the open Indo-China trade border.
- Rumtek Monastery: The 17th-century Buddhist monastery, an ideal destination for peace seekers.
- Namgyal Institute of Tibetology: Founded by Dalai Lama, it is a sneak-peek into the Tibetan culture.
- Ganesh Tok: An age-old temple on the hilltop with scenic views.
Leh-Ladakh is every bikers dream destination. But, it is also a great place for a soothing summer vacation. Stretches of silence, rocky terrain, and crystal clear water are the main phenomena of Ladakh.
The best of Ladakh-
- Thiksey Gompa: The Buddhist abode of peace.
- Phyang Monastery: It illustrates the frescoes of the 16th-century.
- Magnetic hills: The natural phenomena that can pull the car up the hills.
So folks, instead of complaining about the rising temperature of your city; how about heading out to these super-cool destinations? These great destinations won’t even require months of planning. Just pack your bags and get going because the beauty of frost can be best felt during summer!